Pan-European Seal Programme
BOKU is member of the strategic partner universities of the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme.
The purpose of the Pan-European Seal programme is to spot IP talent early in Europe's brightest and highest-achieving graduates. Targeting young, aspiring IP professionals, it offers them year-long paid traineeship posts sponsored by the EPO and the EUIPO
Each strategic partner university is entitled to submit a yearly shortlist of 5 deserving candidates to the EPO, from which the trainees will be selected, according to each student’s profile and considering the Offices’ needs. By June 30 2018 the EPO will communicate the results to the university.
The internships will start at the end of September (beginning of October) 2018 and last for a period of 12 months.
- be a national of one of the EPO member states
- hold a bachelor's/master's degree (or have completed university studies at an equivalent level) in a technical field (i.e. chemical/mechanical/computer engineering, telecom, materials science, electronics, statistics or data analysis) obtained no more than two years prior to the date of application or currently be enrolled at a university for a further degree
- have a very good level of technical English; knowledge of technical German and/or technical French may be required for some technical fields
- indicate on their CV or in their motivation letter three to five CPC classes or sub-classes in their field of competence (See Espacenet)
- have completed the required online EPO e-learning course(s) with certificate
(Comment: you have to register on the EPO Platform and to complete the following self-paced courses:
- Participation in international programmes such as Erasmus will be considered an advantage.
How to apply
Please send us your expression of interest until April 13th, 2018 per E-mail (to: firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating your field of competence (e.g. chemics, engineering, IT, economics, law etc.). Then we will inform you about the next steps. Full applications have to be submitted by April 25th, 2018.
The European Patent Office's Online Training offers Open-access modules on ley topics such as
- Searching for patents
- Applying for a patent
- Patent law & practice
- Intellectual property in business
The EUIPO Academy Learning Portal provides information on
- Intellectual property
- General soft skills The IP Teaching Kit provides a comprehensive overview on Intellectual Property Rights