Overview for New Students
During your study, BOKUonline will be your constant companion. This ranges from creating your account on Day One all the way to handing in your thesis at the end. In between you will register for numerous courses and exams using BOKUonline. It will also lead you to your lectures and show your exam results.
E-Mail System for BOKU Students
Yes, of course - you have your own email account at BOKU. Your email address ends with ...@students.boku.ac.at. Be aware of the fact that you will receive all your official messages at this email address - and do not miss these. To ensure you do not, use the mailing system for students or set up a forwarding via BOKUonline.
BOKU learn (also known as "Moodle")
Some (not all!) instructors use this e-learning platform in order to provide you with course material, texts, pictures, videos, forums, tests, online submission for homework tasks, etc.
PC Rooms, WLAN, Printing
You can access these essential services using your own computer and BOKU WLAN (eduroam) or you can simply use the public PC rooms. Equipment is, of course, also provided for you to print your texts and scan lecture notes.
You have acces to 20 GB of storage space, either as a drive in our PC rooms or from everwhere via web browser:
- Filr Web-Interface: https://files.boku.ac.at
Who Do I Turn To?
- For questions related to your entire university period, such as registration, tuition fees, etc., please turn to the Study Registration Office.
- The valid period of your BOKU account is automatically linked with your valid registration for the continuation of your studies.
- For questions related to specific lectures, registration, and deregistration form courses, exam dates, for grading etc., please turn to the respective institute, that is the respective institute secretary or the instructor.
- For questions related to your account, the mailing system for students, technical questions related to BOKUonline etc., please turn to the IT Hotline (ZID).