Quiz: What kind of exchange student are you?
...and when you've already been abroad, put our stereotypes to shame!
Prepare yourself socially
- Become a buddy
- Join student organisations e.g.: ÖH(international), ESN, IAESTE, AIESEC, IAAS...
- Take part in intercultural courses at BOKU such as 'Intercultural Competences' (LV-No. 120999), 'Intercultural Communication' (LV-No. 735336) or 'Security Training for Studying and Field Research Abroad' (LV-No. 120998) etc.
Knowledge is Power
- Network on social media: Facebook 'BOKU Exchange' (scholarships, Outgoings experiences, and events); YouTube channel 'BOKUinternational'
- Stay up-to-date via the ZIB website and at International Days (Video)
- Keep application deadlines in check (deadlines for all scholarships programmes can be found under 'How to apply')
- Plan ahead (e.g. organise courses, put aside free elective courses for your semester abroad)