Open Access Publishing at Springer
What is Springer Compact?
The Springer Compact contract bundles access to subscribed journals with prepaid article processing charges for Open Access articles for the licensees. BOKU scientists can publish their articles Open Access in more than 1,600 Springer journals free of charge. Moreover, members of BOKU have online access to more than 2,000 Springer journals. Publishing articles in Open Access-only journals through Springer Open remains free of charge for the authors, the costs are covered by the library.What are the advantages for authors and participating institutions?
- High visibility for their work; upon their publication all articles are available for free
- Re-use of the articles in accordance with Creative-Commons licences
- Automated deposit in PubMed Central (PMC)/ Europe PMC
- Open Access fees are covered by the library
Who can use this offer?
Members of BOKU (active at the date of submission).
- Who are corresponding author.
- Whose article got accepted at an Open Choice journal.
- Whose article belongs to one of the following forms: Original Paper, Review Paper, Brief Communication or Continuing Education.
- Whose article wasn’t written as part of a funded project (fees for such articles should be covered by the project funding).
List of Open Choice journals: http://resource-cms.springer.com/springer-cms/rest/v1/content/6635336/data/v1/151104+Open+Choice+Journals+2016
Once an article has been accepted by Springer, the corresponding author has to identify himself/herself as BOKU staff member and agree to the Open Access conditions. This includes mentioning BOKU in the pdf of the article upon its publication. The affiliation of the corresponding author is verified by Springer and the BOKU library. Please be aware that there are colour-in-print charges, which have to be paid for by the author.
Springer's Open Access Agreements
After choosing Open Choice the copyright stays with the author. Almost 1,600 Open Choice journals publish under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CC BY 4.0),
Please direct questions to ub.support(at)boku.ac.at or to Mag. Dr. Martina Liska 01/47654-38070
More Information for authors is available here:
Austrian Academic Library Consortium: https://www.konsortien.at/springercompact.asp (in German)