Copying / Scanning
COPY SERVICE - SCANNING FACILITIES - FAX MACHINE
When using scanners or copy-machines the copyright laws must be considered.
Self-service copy-machines are available in the main library (copy-card and coin operated).
- 1 copy machine from ÖH (Austrian National Union of Students).
- 2 copy machine from Facultas.
- 1 copy machine for the staff of the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences.
Copy-cards for the Facultas copy machines are available at:
- The information desk in the main library (only copy-cards for € 10/145 copies).
- Facultas BOKU-Shop I (Fachbuchhandlung für das Studium der Bodenkultur,
Peter Jordan-Straße 82, A-1190 Wien).
- Facultas BOKU-Shop II (Muthgasse 18, A-1190 Wien).
With this scanner it is possible to scan books, journals, photos, maps and the like up to DIN A2 in colour or black/white. The user-interface, available in German and English, is easy to use.
The scans can be saved as TIF, JPG and PDF files either on an USB-Stick or on other memory cards. Special software provides book curve correction, finger removal, automatic page finding/recognition and adaptation of page sizes.
The colour book-scanner is located in the main library and can be used after registration at the information-desk free of charge during the opening hours.
An A4-flatbed scanner is available for use in the room that holds the copy facilities in the main library.
Documents can be scanned and saved on an USB-Stick.
The library also provides a fax-machine, which is located in the lending department of the main library. Fax can be sent or received without charge. For more information please contact the lending department.