Mailing for Students
For students at BOKU, a webmail system is available. This allows you to send and receive your emails in every location (PC rooms, internet cafés, ...). The only thing you need is your BOKU account and a browser with internet connection.
As an alternative to the previously used platform "Horde" an up-to-date platform named "RoundCube" is available.
This platform is available using https://students.boku.ac.at/roundcube
Your addressbook and rules you might had defined in the previously used platform Horde will be migrated to RoundCube once at your first Login.
Please note that all relevant emails regarding your official and legal study are sent to your ...@students.boku.ac.at - account.
If you should wish to forward your emails to your usual email address, you can easily set it up at your BOKUonline Business Card:
- E-Mail Administration in BOKUonline (information only in German)
If you wish to use an email program (such as Mozilla Thunderbird) instead of the browser, you can find all the relevant information here:
- E-mail address (standard proposal): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Protocol: IMAP (alternative: POP3)
- Incoming mail server: students.boku.ac.at
- User name: BOKU Login
- Password: BOKU Password
- SSL: Port 993 (alternative POP3: 995)
- Outgoing mail server: mailauth.boku.ac.at
- SMTP-Auth: required
- STARTTLS: Port 25