Call für neue BOKU-Klimaschutzprojekte
Call for Pre-Proposal
The BOKU Carbon Offsetting System (BOKU CO2-System), established in 2011, supports innovative greenhouse gas reduction projects.
Within this current call, the BOKU CO2-System will fund one project to be carried out preferably in a Least Developed Country (LDC). Project consortia must include one BOKU participant (project lead), and at least one organisation in the host country, but are welcome to include relevant Austrian national and international stakeholders.
We invite project types in the areas of e.g. energy efficiency, renewable energy, agriculture, forestry, methane reduction and transport, which include multiple positive co-benefits (see terms of reference).
Pre-proposals should be between two (2) and five (5) pages in length. The selection of proposals will be based first and foremost on the content and quality of proposals, the CO2-eq methodology applied and consideration given to the guiding principles.
Must have criteria
- Projects in least developed countries (priority) or so called developing countries
- Research projects with mitigation potential and BOKU participant (project lead)
- Project idea and intervention logic incl. reference to scientific basis of the proposal
- CO2-eq-Methodology applied (see terms of reference, 8.)
- Consideration of SDGs (see terms of reference, 5.)
- Experience and capacity of consortium
- Potential integration into BOKU teaching and research
Pre-Proposals should include the following information
- Project volume should be between 50.000 and 300.000 euro
- Description of the project including transparent quantification methodology of emissions reductions
- Pre-projects and description of the suitability of consortium members
Deadline: Pre-proposals must be sent to co2.kompensation(at)boku.ac.at by 9th of February 2018