933329 Agroecology, cultural ecology and ethnoecology - the interdisciplinary discourse in natural resource management (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Schunko, Christoph , Wild, Anna-Sophie
- Institut für Ökologischer Landbau (IFÖL)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2018
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
Scientific investigation builds on the state-of-the-art in a field of research and starts with reading, analysing and synthesizing scientific literature. Understanding the latest scientific insights is the precondition for going beyond the state-of-the-art and thus good research.
This course addresses this very first task of any scientific investigation and is designed for students who aim to strengthen their skills in writing literature reviews. Among other benefits, this course offers the opportunity to gain crucial skills for writing a master thesis and is an excellent preparation for that endeavour.
The topics to review in this course are selected from agroecology and ethnoecology and investigate the diverse interactions between people and nature. The topics are proposed by the lecturer. Students working on a master thesis or dissertation may work on own topics, which are linked to their theses.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Scientific reading and writing skills on masters’ level.
Upon completion of this course, the students will have improved their skills relating to
• Critically analysing scientific literature
• Writing logical and concise scientific texts
• Examining and explaining specific interactions between humans and nature
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.