856306 Traffic and transport planning (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Gühnemann, Astrid
- Institut für Verkehrswesen (IVe)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2018
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
The course will include a series of lecturer's and students' presentations on the interrelations between urban and regional development, societal change and transport. This includes theoretical approaches, empirical studies as well as policy and planning concepts to cope with recent (and expected future) trends. Topics include time geography, accessibility and social exclusion, suburbanisation and reurbanisation, demographic change and transport, urban development and traffic safety, sociological perspectives on transport, mobility biographies, mobility and happiness, long-distance commuting, multi-local living arrangements, lifestyles and transport, virtual mobility and transport, children's trips, gender and transport, and more.
Students will be introduced to various studies from Europe and North America. Differences between these regions, between European countries, and between contributions from different disciplines will be discussed.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Basic knowledge of research methods. Familiarity with academic literature and literature sources.
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- understand basic principles of transport, accessibility and mobility
- understand complex interrelations between urban and regional development, societal change and transport
- critically reflect and discuss these basic principles and interrelations
- draw conclusions for transport planning and policy concepts.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.