970306 Methods in environmental biotechnology (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Gübitz, Georg , Neureiter, Markus , Loibner, Andreas Paul , Fritz, Ines , Fuchs, Werner , Ribitsch, Doris , Greimel, Katrin
- Department für Agrarbiotechnologie Tulln
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2018
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
Practical laboratory exercises for methods that are commonly used in environmental biotechnology. The methods are taught and applied in sections related with specific aspects of environmental biotechnology.
- Ecotoxicity and biotests
- Enzyme-catalyzed processes: Enzymatic degradation of polymers (PET and PBAT), bacterial degradation of TNT
- Extraction and analysis of hydrocarbons in soils
- Visit of a full-scale technical facility (anaerobic digester or waste water treatment plant)
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Practical experience and required skills for working in chemical and microbiological laboratories.
Knowledge and awareness of safety regulations for laboratories.
Students with insufficient lab skills may be excluded from the course!
The students are familiar with technical and analytical equipment that is widely used in environmental biotechnology and related fields. They understand the underlying principles of the taught methods and are able to conduct them on their own. They are able to analyze and evaluate the results.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.