933300 Start-up module (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Freyer, Bernhard , Porcuna Ferrer, Anna
- Institut für Ökologischer Landbau (IFÖL)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Wintersemester 2017/18
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
The Start-up Module is the opening seminar for the Master´s Degree Organic Agriculture and Food Systems (EUR-Organic) for students from all partner universities within the Euroleague for Life Science (ELLS), Aarhus University and ISARA-Lyon and is case study, excursion and discourse oriented.
(1) General information into the multiple perspectives and opportunities of the Master´s Degree by all partner universities and their countries Organic sector;
(2) Insights into systems theory and organic farming;
(3) farm visits (Poland).
The field visits take us to various stakeholders along the organic agro-food chain: Selected organic producers, processors, wholesalers / retailers and organisers reveal the holistic nature and systemic characteristics of Organic Agriculture by introducing into their systems and explaining their point of view and experiences, as well as opportunities and challenges.
Reflection sessions (group and plenary work) will be used to deepen and discuss upon the daily experiences of the field visits and to strengthen the knowledge about organic farming practices. Discussions will be enhanced by the international and heterogeneous group of students and teachers. These sessions further serve for first steps towards developing the students group reports and first reflections about homework on specific organic topics.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Some knowledge of organic agro-food systems and experience of working in a team is beneficial.
A student with the requisite understanding and standard of work to pass the course will:
(1) Understand and describe the key elements of an organic farm/the organic agro-food chain based on a systems approach.
(2) Be able to apply qualitative interview methods and photographs to document and assess the farm/processor .
(3) Know and understand the characteristic practices of organic farming in general and specifically of the visited farms.
(4) Work productively and effectively independently and as part of a team.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.