810301 Structural exercises (in Eng.)
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Nolz, Reinhard
- Department für Wasser-Atmosphäre-Umwelt (WAU)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2018
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
Course 810.301 “Structural Exercises“ (StE) is offered at the Department of Water, Atmosphere and Environment and is generally related to a specialization in “Water Management and Engineering” (WME).
(For a specialization in “Mountain Risk Engineering” see course 870.305.)
StE are team and project work with engineering as well as design parts, including i.e. calculations, dimensioning, conceptual designs, and plans. (Note: StE are not meant to be a scientific work like a term paper or a master thesis.) It is recommended that students work together in groups of two (max. three) students.
Topics and working tasks are defined by one or two supervisor(s). StE can also be accomplished in an interdisciplinary way. In that case two supervisors from different working fields are involved, of which one leading supervisor coordinates the work in accordance with the other supervisor.
--- How to find a topic! ---
1) At the beginning of a term several topics are provided online on BOKUlearn, where students can choose and register for a topic.
Note: It is necessary to register for this course at BOKUonline to get access to the course page on BOKUlearn!
2) Students can also contact a (leading) supervisor and agree upon an individual topic. In that case it is necessary to report relevant information (topic, name of supervisor(s), specialization, and name of students) to the coordinator!
For questions please contact the coordinator:
Reinhard Nolz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
Preconditions for the attendance (i.e. completed courses) may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
Acquiring and collecting relevant data, and selecting and applying adequate methods in order to find solutions for given (interdisciplinary) project tasks;
Calculating, dimensioning, and designing of technical facilities;
Evaluating optional results
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.