933320 The global organic control and certification system (in Eng.)
- Vorlesung und Seminar
- Vortragende/r (Mitwirkende/r)
- Vogl, Christian R.
- Institut für Ökologischer Landbau (IFÖL)
- Angeboten im Semester
- Sommersemester 2018
- Unterrichts-/ Lehrsprachen
This course features The Global Organic Control and Certification System
The actors, institutions and policies in the regulatory framework of organic farming do have a strong impact on the development of organic farming. They might hamper or facilitate the transition process towards organic farming.
•Introduction to key concepts and basic principles of the organic control & certification system (2.3.16);
•A very practical look at how inspections of organic farms are done in Latin America, Africa and Asia (16.3.16);
•Internal Control Systems (13.4.16);
•Participatory Guarantee Systems (20.4.16);
•The Import Regime for Organic Products to be imported into the EC (27.4.16);
•Additional topics: To be selected and presented by students based on their interests (11.5., 15.6.& 22.6.16).
Assessment and workload for students
• You will be asked to prepare for 5 classes (those given by Christian R. Vogl) by reading one document per class and by uploading your questions related to these document prior to every class between 24.2. and 27.4.2016.
• You will be asked to select one specific topic and prepare i) one 5’ oral summary and ii) a 2 page written summary on your selected topic.
• You will be asked to read the 2 page summaries prepared by the “other” students in preparation for “their” oral presentation and the related discussion.
- Inhaltliche Voraussetzungen (erwartete Kenntnisse)
This is a class for advanced students! Expected are:
•Knowledge on organic farming principles and practices;
•Knowledge on EEC Reg. 834/2007 and EEC Reg 889/2008.
Being able to explain the structure and key principles of the global control and certification system for OF.
Being able explaining strength and weaknesses of ICS and PGS.
Noch mehr Informationen zur Lehrveranstaltung, wie Termine oder Informationen zu Prüfungen, usw. finden Sie auf der Lehrveranstaltungsseite in BOKUonline.