Summer Fellowships in Austria: IIASA YSSP (Application deadline: January 11, 2017) and Roadshow at BOKU on November 18th, 2016
Roadshow – Information Session on the Summer Fellowships at BOKU:
18.11.2016, 9:00 – 10:30 am
HS XI (Gregor-Mendel-Straße 33, 2. Floor)
Every summer from 1 June to 31 August, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) hosts up to 50 doctoral students from around the world in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP).
Each YSSP participant works on a topic related to his or her PhD thesis and to IIASA’s own research agenda, the goal being to write a publishable paper. All YSSP participants are personally mentored by IIASA senior scientists.
You should apply if:
- You are an advanced graduate student;
- Your field of study complements research at IIASA;
- You are interested in pursuing interdisciplinary research;
- Your research and career would benefit from working alongside 50 or so young scientists as ell as senior scientists from around the world;
- You would like to explore the policy implications of your work.
Successful applicants from countries with an IIASA National Member Organization (NMO) are eligible for funding, and some fellowships are also available for students from non-NMO countries. To learn about funding in your country, contact your National Member Organization.
What is IIASA?
IIASA is an international institute engaged in scientific research, aiming to provide support for policymakers.
IIASA’s research comes under the following programs:
- Transitions to New Technologies
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Evolution and Ecology
- World Population
- Risk and Resilience