International conference on Agri-chains and sustainable development- Linking local and global dynamics: “Making the SDGs real: a first international meeting on the role of agri-chains towards implementing the Agenda 2030”, Montpellier, 12-14 December
Let’s gather at AC&SD 2016 to share research, experiences, ideas and lessons learned on the future of agricultural chains. The conference aims at strengthening the science and policy interface for the implementation of the Agenda 2030. Through specifying critical challenges and innovations, the conference will set the scene for drawing a shared agenda for research and action with regards to linking agri-chains and sustainable development.
- Performance and evaluation of agri-chains with respect to the SDGs;
- Public policies and agri-chain governance mechanisms at different scales in support of the SDGs;
- Concrete innovations and partnerships for building and transforming agri-chains towards sustainable development.
Some of our keynotes and multi-stakeholder panelists:
- Dr Roberto Ridolfi, Director for Sustainable Growth and Development at DG DEVCO (EU), Belgium
- Alexander Müller, German Council for Sustainable Development, Germany
- Pr. Lawrence Busch, Michigan State University, USA
- Teresa Ribera, Director of IDDRI, France
- Pr. Nora McKeon, Roma 3 University, Italy
- Stephen Muchiri, CEO Eastern Africa Farmers Federation (EAFF), Kenya
- Anna Swaithes, Director of Sustainable Development SABMiller, UK
- Pr. Harriet Friedmann, University of Toronto, Canada
- Pr. Gilles Trystram, Director of AgroParisTech, France
See the tentative program and more about the keynotes
Early bird registration until 1st of November 2016
The number of seats in the auditorium is limited to 300; therefore the registration might have to be closed before the official deadline.
Follow us on #acsdmpl