Master programs at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering of Ghent University, Belgium
The Faculty of Bioscience Engineering of Ghent University opened applications for 2016-2017 for seven prestigious 2-year English taught master programmes and one 1-year advanced master programme.
This Faculty is currently accepting applications for the following programmes:
2-year master programmes in Ghent
- Master of Science in Aquaculture
- Master of Science in Environmental Sanitation
- Master of Science in Food Technology (with KU Leuven, Belgium)
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Rural Development - main subjects Human Nutrition, Rural Economics and Management and Tropical Agriculture (Plant or Animal Production)
- Master of Science in Physical Land Resources - main subjects Soil Science and Land Resource Engineering (with VUB Brussel, Belgium)
International 2-year programmes
- Erasmus Mundus International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering (with partners in Europe, Latin-America, Asia, China and US)
- Erasmus Mundus International Master of Science in Rural Development/Agricultural Engineering (with partners in Europe, the US, South-Korea, India, China, Ecuador, South-Africa)
Advanced 1-year master programme in Ghent
- Master of Science in Technology for Integrated Water Management (with University of Antwerp and Antwerp Maritime Academy)
The Faculty is looking for top students and can offer VLIR-UOS and Erasmus Mundus scholarships. We have also established preferential partnerships with Indonesian, Ecuadorian and a wide variety of other (non-)governmental funding agencies (extensive list on our Scholarship Website).
The Faculty of Bioscience Engineering at Ghent University is a leading faculty in Europe in life sciences, biological, physical and chemical sciences. Our Faculty is ranked in the top 50 of the World University Rankings, and welcomes 2.800 students each year. Of these 400 are international master students and 300 are international doctoral students. Ghent University ranks in the top 70 of the Shanghai Ranking of World Universities and top 90 of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Ghent is a dazzlingly authentic, multicultural and open-minded city with 300.000 inhabitants of more than 150 nationalities, of which 20% are students.
All information regarding admission requirements, language requirements and the process of application for these programmes can be found on the website. The Faculty team will be happy to answer all questions.