ERASMUS+ Internships at the Department of Plant Genetics Breeding and Biotechnology, Warsaw University of Life Sciences
This Department at WULS offers research internships for students within Erasmus + exchange programme and is looking for motivated students interested in plants, science and research work willing to join the team and gain hands on experience with plant molecular genetics.
Department of Plant Genetics Breeding and Biotechnology
Faculty of Horticulture, biotechnology and Landscape Architecture
Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW, Warsaw, Poland
Research area: plant structural genomics and genetic diversity
Project title: Influence of selection on a crop plant genome - identification and characterization of sequences targeted by domestication and breeding in rye (Secale cereale L.).
This is a five year research project founded by Polish National Science Center. Depending on the stage on the project you can participate in (among others):
- high-throughput DNA isolation
- BAC DNA isolation
- BAC library screening
- genotyping of diverse rye accessions using SSR markers
- development of mapping population
- preparation of samples for genotyping–by–sequencing analyses or amplicon sequencing using next generation sequencing methods.
- biostatistical analyses of genotyping data: construction of genetic linkage map and analyses of genetic diversity patterns.
- bioinformatical identification and characterization of candidate genes.
- analyses of sequence diversity of selected genes/gene fragments in diverse rye accessions
Possible participation types:
- execution of research project for Master Thesis
- internship (within Erasmus+), preferably at least two months long
- strong interest in research work
- basic knowledge of genetics and molecular biology