Final conference: Biogas production from organic waste in the European Food and Beverage (FAB) industry, 2.9.2015, Brussels
The European Food and Beverage Industry (FAB industry) is the second largest manufacturing sector in the EU 27 with a market share of 12.2% in value added terms. The EU project FABbiogas (biogas from food and beverage industry residues) wants to make all stakeholders aware of the potential for FAB waste treatment by anaerobic digestion of FAB waste as a promising alternative to standard waste treatment while producing biogas as a new and renewable energy source.
The conference will cover:
- Overview of biogas production and potentials of FAB industries
- The national situation in Austria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Poland
- Technical achievements and best practise examples in biogas from FAB industries.
- Presentation of evaluation tools and feasibility studies
Date and venue
- 2 September 2015
- 10.00 – 16.00
- Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and Arts, Rue Ducale 1, Brussels
Registration free of charge
Co-organised with the Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and Arts