Final call for nomination of GEO-6 experts oft he United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is calling for experts (e.g., authors, review editors, scientific advisors) to engage in the preparation of its Sixth Global Environment Outlook (GEO-6) assessment. Experts are encouraged to seek nomination across the field of environment and related areas including, policy analysis, health, society and the economy.
A description of the scope and preparation of GEO-6, and the different roles and responsibilities of various experts can be found at http://unep.org/geo
Governments, research institutions and stakeholders are requested to submit their nominations for experts to participate in GEO-6 using the nominations portal. Experts can also be nominated by their peers. Nomination should be made no later than Saturday 31 January 2015.
To nominate experts, please follow these steps:
- Access the UNEP Live Communities of Practice (CoP) platform http://uneplive.unep.org/community . *To register, please click on the green "REGISTER" button at the top right of the screen and complete the form (if you have not yet done so);
- Once you have registered, you will receive a validation email. Clicking on the validation link provided in the email will take you to the UNEP Live platform;
- Next, you will need to access the GEO-6 Public Community of Practice (CoP): http://uneplive.unep.org/community/groups/profile/5084/geo-6-community-of-practice-public
- Click on the green "JOIN" button to join the public GEO-6 CoP. At this point you will become a member of the public GEO-6 CoP;
- To nominate your experts, join the "IGMS" section of the CoP. To do this click on the orange button called "JOIN Intergovernmental and Multi-stakeholder Community".
- Once you are a member of the IGMS CoP, click on the orange "GEO-6 Nominations Portal" button and complete the form and submit.
If you have any questions when navigating through the CoP or nominating, please don't hesitate to write to: geo.head(at)unep.org