Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
Diese Seite ist erreichbar unter:
NARMEE is a joint degree programme.
The graduates of the master ́s programme in Natural Resources Management and Ecologi- cal Engineering will receive a joint degree „Master of Science“, abbreviated „MSc“, from the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, issued jointly with either the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague or Lincoln University, New Zealand. The Joint Degree will be issued by that university where the studies had been started („home university“).
That means that you will graduate at BOKU according to the BOKU regulations.
You will receive
- the BOKU graduation documents (Master's Certificate = "Bescheid" in German and English, Certificate of the Final Examination in English including the grades all of courses you did as part of the programme and a diploma supplement showing that NARMEE is a joint degree programme)
- a parchment signed by the two universities where you studied (BOKU: Vice-Rector, LU: Vice-Chancellor, CULS: Rector). This parchment does not (yet) have a legal value in Austria, but it can still be used for international applications.
The parchment will be issued automatically - you do not have to submit extra documents.
Students have to follow the general BOKU examination regulations:
To complete the NARMEE programme, you have to have passed all required courses and received a positive grade in the Master's thesis and defence examination.
In order to apply for the defence examination, your transcript of records has to show positive grades for all the courses of your Individual Course Plan and your Master's thesis must be finished and evaluated.
Please check the currently valid curriculum for detailed information about the examination regulations.
Steps towards Graduation
1. You have to register your Master's thesis when you start working on it.
2. A semester before graduating:
Enter all courses done at the partner university (not BOKU) in your BOKUonline account (one data sheet per course) (info-guide accreditation/recognition).
3. A semester before graduating:
Have your Individual Course Plan and your Transcript of Records from the host university (with signature and stamp, including all exam dates) checked, first at ZIB (administrative coordinator) and then - with the signature of the programme coordinator - at the Graduation Office (Study Services, new address: Gregor Mendelstr 33, 1180 Vienna). You will then receive an e-mail from the graduation office, informing you what is missing. Make sure that the missing grades are available in BOKUonline at latest when you submit the required documents for graduating.
4. Submit your Master's thesis and the required documents for graduating at the Graduation Office (Study Services, new address: Gregor Mendelstr 33, 1180 Vienna) at the latest 3 weeks before your defence.
5. Register for the graduation ceremony at BOKU (not compulsory).
6. Good luck with your defence!
7. Four weeks after the defence: Pick up your NARMEE graduation documents at the Graduation Office.
ad 4. Required Documents for your Graduation at BOKU (to be submitted at latest 3 weeks before your defence)
Please check the list of documents in paragraph "3. For a defensio" on the website "Graduation from international Master's degree programmes"
The assessment form for the Master's thesis is German and English. So you can also use it for the evaluation of the co-supervisor (copy sent by e-mail sufficient). But you can also ask him/her to issue an official letter, signed and stamped, including a short statement about the thesis and a grade (copy sent by e-mail sufficient).
Please be aware that you have to submit the signed Individual Course Plan and the transcript of records of your home university (with signature and stamp, including ALL exam dates) already several months in advance!
ad 6. Master's thesis Defence
The Master's thesis defence at BOKU is a presentation and defense of your Master's thesis.
According to BOKU's "guidelines for the defensio" the student coordinates a date for the defence with two university teachers (professors /"habilitated") - one of them being the main thesis supervisor. The chair for the defence will be appointed by the Graduation Office and has to be a member of a different department than the thesis supervisor. Students may suggest a chair. The defence (45 minutes) consists of a presentation (20 minutes) and a scientific discussion. Further details can be found in the guidelines.
ad 7. Pick up your Graduation Documents
The Study services will send you an e-mail as soon as your graduation documents are ready (1-4 weeks after the defence). You need your BOKUcard or an official photographic ID and the confirmation of the UStat2 questionnaire (Info-Guide UStat - Info-Guide Substitute Code) to pick them up.