Call for Proposals: EUCARINET Travel Grant Scheme
The aim of the scheme is to promote exchange between Caribbean and European researchers as well as to encourage contacts between research institutions so that they may explore possibilities for joint participation in the European Commission's Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7).
The Travel Grant consists of two components:
1. The participation of Caribbean researchers at 2012 info-days and brokerage events in the following areas:
- information and communication technology (ICT)
- knowledge-based bio-economy
- environment (including climate change)
2. Visits to specific research centres / institutions with existing contacts or acquaintance between the grantee and European or Caribbean researcher or research group. The travel grant works as a mechanism to facilitate further networking or even joint proposal writing.
EUCARINET is a four-year coordination action supported by the European Commission. Its main goal is to strengthen bi-regional sustainable dialogue on science and technology between Europe and the Caribbean.
Deadline for applications: 200712