Project Management Course
1st Part: 20-21/04/10, 09:00-17:00, Masaryk University, Brno
2nd Part: 03-04/05/10, 09:00-17:00, BOKU
The training will comprise the following topics:
- what is Project Management and the key principles for PM success
- managing the project team and the main tools for PM
- practical uses: WBS diagram, Gantt diagram, CPM/PERT diagram
- Risk Management tools in PM. (practical examples)
- solving the conflicts during the project.
- leading the project team - practical examples
- research projects in international settings
- tools, methods to improve collaboration in transnational teams
- improve efficiency of meetings
- delimitation of one’s own project, management of interfaces
- decision making and communication in steering boards
- cooperation in consortia
The course is addressed to PhD-students and PostDocs, the presence in both parts is obligatory.
Deadline for registration: 09/04/10, sonja.schiehser(at)boku.ac.at
Costs for course, travelling and hotel will be taken over by CoReTech, a project under the
European Territorial Co-Operation Austria-Czech Republic-Programme.