Food in cuba – trendy, ecological and a need
The cuban food system is full of contrast. Trendy vegetable gardens next to urban ruins; organic food for high-class-restaurants next to an alarming situation of food supply for poor people, the necessary evil or the chance to work without synthetic inputs in agriculture.
- urban farming and community gardens in Havana
- permaculture on unused spaces in cuban cities
- food sovereignty as aim of Raul Castro
- organic rum and cigars
Students of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU) present their results from several excursions to cuba by the institute for organic farming.
- photographs: the diversity of food in cuba
- "congri cubano": a short movie about food from the origen on the field to the plate
- collection of poster of the urban farm "Vivero Alamar"
The exhibition takes place in the "Alten Kino" (=old Cinema) (Liebknechtgasse 32, 1160 Wien) (direct link on Google Maps). The theme-night takes place in the same venue on the 16. June at 19:00.
the presentation "urban agriculture and food sovereignty in cuba" (in german) by Friedrich Leitgeb offers a fascinating image of impressions of the cuban food system, Marta Lopez Cifuentes explains the exhibition, Christian Vogl summarize latest and planed projects of the BOKU in Cuba.
More informations about the SOHO Festival at www.sohoinottakring.at