911302 Filtering function of the soil - solute transport in an experiment and computer simulation
- Exercise course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Ruffeis, Dominik , Schindlbacher, Andreas
- Institute of Soil Research (IBF)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
- Deutsch, Englisch
The experiment will be discussed, set up and conducted in small groups together with the lecturer (2 days).
The gained data will be used for computer-simulations (2 days)
- Previous knowledge expected
Knowledge of soil science (soil chemistry) and soil physics (VU 815.101) is mandatory!
Experience in laboratory experiments and numerical simulations is recommend.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Basic knowledge and process understanding of non-reactive solute transport (nutrients and pollutants) in the vadose zone and its mathematical description
- Determination of solute adsorption properties of soils (experimental determination and parameterization of adsorption isotherms)
- Application of numerical simulations of solute transport processes in soils with HYDRUS 1D and interpretation of the simulation results with respect to ecological implications (e.g., pollution risk assessment of surface- or groundwater)
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.