932122 Small animal husbandry
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Zollitsch, Werner
- Division of Livestock Sciences (NUWI)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
1. Regional distribution and economic significance of small animal husbandry in Austria;
2. Aspects of breeding, husbandry, nutrition, animal health and products of sheep+goats;
3. Aspects of breeding, husbandry, nutrition, animal health and products of rabbits;
4. Aspects of breeding, husbandry, nutrition, animal health and products of different poultry species.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The aim is to impart basic information about important aspects of small animal husbandry (additional to the lectures of Animal Breeding, Animal Husbandry and Animal Nutrition); general understanding of technical, ethical, agro-ecological and economic constraints of agricultural small animal husbandry and thus to acquire the ability to estimate comprehensively specific situations on farms engaged in small animal husbandry.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.