933312 Interdisciplinary excursion on organic agriculture
- Field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Division of Organic Farming (IFÖL)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2017
- Languages of instruction
Bio Alpe Adria
4-day-field trip in the regions of Styria, Carinthia, Slovenia, Friaul-julisch Venetia
Bio-Alpe-Adria is a cross-border initiative and network for the regions of Friaul-julisch Venetia, Slovenia, Carinthia and Styria. The aim of this initiative is to link the area of Alpe-Adria at an ecological, economical and socia-cultural level and to support a common, sustainable development.
During the 4-days-field trip, organic farms of different types and sizes, as well as food processors and organisations of organic farming will be visited.
Expected costs: € 180,-/student
The amount has to be transferred after the introductory meeting to the BOKU account
Included in the price:
* 3x Accommodation with Breakfast
* costs for visits
* Lunch and dinner
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
* to get to know organisation, structures and development of organic farming in selected countries,
* to understand the current situation of organic farming in Romania in the context of the historical development,
* become acquainted to the strengths and chances as well as weaknesses and threats of organic farming,
* to put a focus on organic farming across the borderline of Austria.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.