754104 Business management and organization
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Kunesch, Hermann
- Institute of Food Science
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2017/18
- Languages of instruction
1. Introduction: Illustration of economic questions with game situations (economic game theory)
2. Corporate Governance: During the downturn the discussion about governance in companies increased. We discuss what economic success means and how it can be measured. We focus on reporting and analysing the yearly balance sheets.
3. Leadership and Organisation: Today everybody speaks about "leadership". But what is "leadership"?. We discuss the role of the manager and his Mission for the company with special interest on Quality Management.
4. Strategy: Strategy is the supreme discipline in Management. But how to find the right one? We discuss techniques and instruments to make strategic planning.
5. Marketing and Sales: Everybody is exposed to marketing. We discuss how it works and how it should be used.
6. Productivity: Working without loosing money is the focus in this section. We discuss cost control techniques and investment planning along the value chain of the company.
- Previous knowledge expected
It is strongly recommended to read the stated chapters of the book as the lecture is not planned to “read” the whole basic content
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
To provide participants with a basic knowledge of management, which they will require later in business activities. The basic terminology required for discussion will be explained. Equipment and techniques used in business will also be described and made use of.
At the end you should be able to
Discuss economic topics by using the right economic terms
Understand cost accounting analysis and reports
Make a investment planning and calculation
Take part in a discuss on strategy for the company
Read and understand a balance sheet
Know the bodies the company and their function
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.