754335 Automatic identification technology in food industry
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Institute of Food Science
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
1. Basic description, technology and standards of Auto-ID (Automatic Identification) Technology - Barcode and RFID (including an outline of standardisation institutions such as GS1, AIM, EPC Global and ECR and their role for quality insurance and safety!)
2. Printing, Encoding, Decoding, Scanning, Reading and mobile computing technologies for barcode and RFID including communication tools and integration into ERP systems such as SAP
3. Practical experiences - "case studies" - of Auto-ID in the food industry, food supply chain and retail logistics
4. Excursion to major food manufacturers and retailers to visit best practice applications (e.g.: NOEM, Wiesbauer, Radatz, Kellys, Billa, Spar, Adeg etc. depending on availability and student interests)
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completion of the course the participants understand the principles of food track and trace standards and technology and the practical approach towards legal requirements, practical implementations and the information flow of participants in the supply chain as well as upstream and downstream, especially in emergency situations.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.