912337 Biodiversity and conservation of mountain forests
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Sandén, Hans , Splechtna, Bernhard
- Institute of Forest Ecology (IFE)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
(1) Introduction: Introduction What is biodiversity and why do we want it
(2)Ecological processes affecting biodiversity
(3) How do we measure biodiversity
(4) Conservation. The convention on biological diversity.
(5) Invasive species seminar
(6) Cultural diversity
(7) Debate and discussions
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
This course provides the general framework for biodiversity and conservation with special reference to forested mountain landscapes.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.