791359 Bioprocess engineering laboratory
- Exercise course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Luchner, Markus , Hahn, Rainer , Schuller, Artur , Fink, Mathias
- Institute of Biotechnology
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2017/18
- Languages of instruction
- Deutsch, Englisch
Production of a recombinant protein in laboratory and pilot scale, modeling of the process.
- Fermentation of a recombinant protein
- Downstream processing using centrifugation, cell homogenisation, filtration methods and chromatographic methods
- Basis experiments will be performed in small scale, based on these experimental data and modelling scale-up experiments will be performed
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic knowledge in Bioprocess Engineering and process medelling, microbiology, biochemistry.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the laboratory course students have skills in production and purification of recombinant proteins including modelling of such a process. They know about scale-up strategies and they are able to calculate and estimate most relevant parameters for industrial use of the respective unit operation.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.