933303 European regulatory framework for organic production
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Axmann, Paul
- Division of Organic Farming (IFÖL)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
Part I - Legal framework of organic agriculture and its' implementation in practice
1) Overview on different legal acts concerning organic agriculture (OA)
2) Special focus on the legal requirements of OA in Europe (special chapter: organic food production)
3) Overview on the control and certification system of OA
4) Supervision of the control system and accreditation in OA
Part II - Food quality and safety of organic agriculture and its impact on human health
1) Factors influencing the final quality of the organically produced foods
2) Safety and quality of OA plant products
3) Safety and quality of OA livestock products
4) Quality assessment methods for OA products
- Previous knowledge expected
No need but agricultural background of help
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
-> Getting familiar with the legal framework and legal requirements of OA in Europe.
-> Understanding of the functioning of the control system in OA.
-> Understanding the different approaches of the term "quality" anlong food production chains.
-> Evaluating different methods used in OA for quality assessment.
-> Understanding different approaches in the field of quality assessment.
-> Analysing and evaluating the legal requirements in the light of quality parameters in OA.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.