932318 Animal hygiene - ruminants
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Huber, Johann
- Division of Livestock Sciences (NUWI)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2017/18
- Languages of instruction
- Infectious diseases in cattle;
- Diseases and problems of the udder and the claws;
- Diseases and problems on a dairy farm;
- Diseases and problems in rearing of calves, in suckler cows and beef production herds;
- Diseases and problems of small ruminants (sheep and goats).
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
To be familiar with the common diseases and problems in ruminants (clinical signs and diagnoses). Prophylaxis and therapeutic measures which are carried out by the farmer complying with technical facilities and legal standards.
Aim is to create a well founded knowledge of diseases in ruminants ensuring an optimal dialogue between the farmer and the vet.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.