120029 English for Science and Technology (C1)
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Flitner, Cristina , Cooper, Swantje
- Center for International Relations (CIR)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2018
- Languages of instruction
English for Specific Purposes (Englische Fachsprache) is offered as a lecture with exercise character running for two consecutive semesters. Its aim is to acquaint students with the basic and most common academic and scientific communication assets in English or 'Globish', rather. Predefined tasks are: individually drafting and presenting a scientific poster and writing a 1500 word scientific paper on a topic of choice. Terminology and glossary work will allow for specific vocabulary building and regular topic related debates which are prepared by specific articles and texts will enhance the participant's ability to argue and present in English in a factual and substantive manner.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Students must be at least in their 5th semester;
- They must have completed English IV with "sehr gut" or "gut" and a copy of the certificate must be presented on registration;
- They must attend the introductory session during the first lecture of the course.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Effective academic and scientific/technical communication in English (written/oral).
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.