Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS)
The Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) is a network of leading universities cooperating in the fields of Natural Resource Management, Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, Life Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Food Sciences, and Environmental Sciences.
Through this network, BOKU realizes many international (educational) projects, like international masterprogrammes, summer schools, scientific student conferences...
The member universities are:
- Faculty of Science (Science), University of Copenhagen
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS)
- University of Hohenheim (UHOH)
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS-SGGW)
- Wageningen University and Research Centre (WUR)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU)
ELLS Events at BOKU
- Save the date:
ELLS Conference: 8.-9.November 2018, University of Wageningen, Netherlands
ELLS Scientific Student Conference: 8.-10. November 2018, University of Wageningen, Netherlands
Preliminary conference title: “Life Sciences looking across disciplines”
- We warmly invite all BOKU students to attend one of the Summer Schools of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS).
BOKU offers travel grant - make sure to apply on time: BOKU Travel Grant - Call and application form 2018
- ELLS Case Study Competition:
Joint this year's Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) Case Study competition on the topic "Urban Food Production and Rapid Urban Development". This competition is giving students the chance to apply their knowledge and skills to develop future scenarios for a case-study in the city of Vienna. The winner team will be awarded with a price of 1000 EUR.
- Navigating Brussels with ELLS 2018
3 days intensive course organized by ELLS ST Reseach Support Offices, 25 – 27 June 2018, Brussels, Belgium
- Learn more about the European Programmes for young scientists
- Learn how to write a successful project proposal in an international team
- Meet colleagues and friends from around Europe
- Learn about the Brussels institutions and European policies
Deadline for application: 15 April 2018 (or until places filled) – limited for 20 applicants
Further information and registration
- You want to write your master thesis at another ELLS university?
Please check the new information on the ELLS website: "Master thesis abroad"!
- ELLS Conference and Scientific Student Conference 2017
About 50 students and 20 staff members from BOKU joined this year's ELLS Conference + Scientific Student Conference which was held at the University of Copenhagen on November 16 to 18, 2017.
The teachers met their colleagues from the partner universities in the Subject Areas, Support Teams and other groups to further develop the network and its programmes. The students presented and discussed their work (bachelor's or master's thesis or other projects) and improved their own international scientific network.
At the final award ceremony also some of the 8 oral and 9 poster presenters from BOKU were awarded:
1. price in the subtheme "Food: Quality, Production and Safety": Lukas Ossberger & Charlotte Voigt (presenting), Kyrill Sattlberger (non-presenting)
2. price in the subtheme "Food: Quality, Production and Safety": Magdalena Ehn
1. price in the subtheme "Collaboration: Enabling Innovation and Entrepreneurship": Katharina Toth (UCPH/BOKU)
1. price in the subtheme "Global Health: Humans and Animals": Tibor Vladimir
2. price in the subtheme "Global Health: Plants": Aileen Henze
1. price in the subtheme "Food: Quality, Production and Safety": Nathalie Binder
In addition the audience price for the best poster was awarded to a BOKU student: Tamara Dinter (BOKU/UCPH)
Congratulations to all prize winners!
The posters of the BOKU students will be presented as part of the International Days in the Aula of Schwackhöferhaus: 20.-23.11.2017
We already invite you now to next year's ELLS Conference and Scientific Student Conference which will be held at Wageningen University, Netherlands, from November 8 to 10, 2018. Further information will follow in April.