Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS)
The Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) is a network of leading universities cooperating in the fields of Natural Resource Management, Agricultural and Forestry Sciences, Life Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Food Sciences, and Environmental Sciences.
Through this network, BOKU realizes many international (educational) projects, like international masterprogrammes, summer schools, scientific student conferences...
The member universities are:
- Faculty of Science (Science), University of Copenhagen
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CULS)
- University of Hohenheim (UHOH)
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS-SGGW)
- Wageningen University and Research Centre (WUR)
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU)
ELLS Events at BOKU
- From European food banks to the volcanic soils of the Galápagos National Park
BOKU students win prizes for best oral and poster presentations at the Scientific Student Conference of the Euroleague for Life Sciences in Wageningen (NL).
Networking across disciplines and borders
37 BOKU students and 14 teachers and staff members joined the ELLS General Assembly & Forum respectively the international student conference of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS): "Life sciences: looking across disciplines” from November 8 to 10.
Our warmest congratulations go to the BOKU Enveuro students Santeri Lehtonen who won the prize for the best oral presentation in the subtheme "Human & Nature" and to Greta Schmidt who won the 1st prize for the best poster!
The posters of the BOKU students will be presented as part of the International Days in the Aula of Schwackhöferhaus: 26.-28.11.2018
This year's conference was held at Wageningen University, Netherlands. Already now we invite you to save the date for next year's ELLS Scientific Student Conference at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Uppsala from November 15-16, 2019 (abstract submission: May & June 2019)
- We warmly invite all BOKU students to attend one of the Summer Schools of the Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS). The preliminary list of summer schools for 2019 in online now - the website will be constantly updated within the next months.
- ELLS Case Study Competition:
This year's Euroleague for Life Sciences (ELLS) Case Study competition on the topic "Urban Food Production and Rapid Urban Development" was a bit succes. This competition is giving students the chance to apply their knowledge and skills to develop future scenarios for a case-study in the city of Vienna. The 4 teams presented their scenario at the ELLS Scientific Student Conference. Congratulations to the winning team that was awarded with a price of 1000 EUR!
- You want to write your master thesis at another ELLS university?
Please check the new information on the ELLS website: "Master thesis abroad"!