Transfer to the host university

BOKU as home university (transfer from BOKU to...)

1. Choose your host university and your specialisations

You choose your specialisation(s) during the 1st semester. The EnvEuro Secretariat ( will send you an e-mail with a link to complete the survey.


2. Apply for ERASMUS at BOKU

The exchange to the host university is organised via the ERASMUS programme. Please follow the ERASMUS application procedure at BOKU.

  • Deadline: Mid of January (for the following academic year)

If the transcript of records which you will need for the online application does not show enough credits, you can upload a note that you are EnvEuro student in the first semester and that you will submit the full transcript of records end of February /beginning of March.

Please note: From 2014/15 on you can do get an ERASMUS scholarship for EnvEuro, even if you have done ERASMUS already in your bachelor.


3. After having been nominated by BOKU, apply at the partner university.


4. Transfer your credits to the partner university

Please have the final version of your BOKU Individual Course Plan (with all signatures) and your transcript of records from BOKU (to be picked up at the Study services) checked at the host university at latest 3 months before you submit the master thesis there.


BOKU as host university (transfer to BOKU)

1. Choose your host university and your specialisations

You choose your specialisation(s) by the end of the 1st semester and the specialisation form must be received by the EnvEuro Secretariat (enveuro(at) no later than the 1st of January. To fill in the specialsation form please go to and complete the survey.


2. Get admitted at BOKU

At the end of the 1st EnvEuro semester, you will, when still staying at your Home University, receive an admission letter from BOKU (due to the fact that BOKU needs to register all full-degree students for 2 years).  Do not worry about the deadlines written on this general BOKU admission letter – you do NOT have to come to BOKU for your registration in your second EnvEuro semester.

Please make sure that you inform the administrative coordinator of your home university and BOKU (ulrike.piringer(at) about your current address, otherwise the letter will be sent to the address given on your original EnvEuro application form.


3. Do the online pre-registration at BOKU

After having received the BOKU letter of admission, please complete the preliminary online registration (see link given in the admission letter). At the end, you will receive a number that has to be sent to the ulrike.piringer(at) It is needed to finish your registration.

NOTE: You have to pay the student union fee (NOT the tuition fee) also for your second EnvEuro semester, even when you are not at BOKU physically. BOKU will advance the money on loan and ask you to pay it back upon your arrival.


4. Apply for ERASMUS at your home university


5. Apply for ERASMUS at BOKU

After having been nominated by your home university, you will get an e-mail with a link to the ERASMUS online application at BOKU. 


6. Transfer your credits to BOKU

During your first semester you will have to make an Individual Course Plan at BOKU (including the courses of your home university).
Please have the final version of your Individual Course Plan and your Transcript of Records from the partner university checked a semester before your graduation, first at ZIB (administrative coordinator) and then at the Graduation Office (Studienabteilung, Gregor Mendelstr. 33, 2nd floor, room 2.5.)
Before you have your documents checked, you have to enter all courses done at the partner university (not BOKU) in your BOKUonline account (one data sheet per course) (info-guide accreditation/recognition)