How to apply
Graduates of the bachelor’s programme in Food Science and Biotechnology offered by BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna are eligible for admission with no further requirements.
For graduates of other bachelor’s programmes, mastery of the following learning outcomes is required for admission:
- Competence in mathematical, physical, chemical, biological, process technological, legal and economic foundations on an advanced theoretical and practical level as far as this is essential for biotechnological processes.
- The ability to choose and evaluate biological and engineering principles and methods for the production of resources or for the disposal of specific substances.
- Practical skills in organic and inorganic chemistry, in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology as well as process engineering.
- Basic IT knowledge, text and data processing, statistical programs, biotechnologically relevant databases and bioinformatic software.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of quality management and codes of good manufacturing practice.
- Comprehension of scientific, technical , social, economic and legal aspects to biotechnological applications.
- Familiarity with ethical concepts in the context of biotechnology.
- In addition, knowledge of English at level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference
- for Languages) is required.
One of the following certificates will be accepted as verification of English language skills:
- BOKU language course (at least level English III)
- IELTS Academic Test (score 6.0 and above)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE, score 169and above)
- TOEFL iBT(score 90 and above)
- TOEFL PBT (score 577and above)
- TOEIC (score 785 and above) or
- Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English