How to apply
Please check the general BOKU admission regulations and procedure:
- Applicants with a relevant Bachelor degree from an Austrian university
(information available in German only)
- Applicants with a relevant Bachelor degree from a Non-Austrian university
Pre-test for BOKU Admission:
Graduates of Bachelor degrees completed at a recognised domestic or foreign higher education institution who want to apply for the master "AgroEco-Organic" or the double degree master "EUR-Organic" have to demonstrate knowledge in natural and social sciences as well as engineering to be admitted at the University of NAtural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU).
For admission to the master programme you have to demonstrate basic knowledge of at least 20 ECTS credits in each of the following areas:
- Area I: Natural sciences
- Area II: Agricultural production techniques
- Area III: Social sciences, economics and law
If you fail to fulfil these requirements, you will be admitted at BOKU with the respective conditions up to 30 ECTS in addition to your regular study programme.
In case the conditions surpass 30 ECTS, you may not be admitted.
In addition, applicants have to prove their German and English language proficiency at B2 level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages):
German: click here for further information
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- IELTS results 6.0 or better
- TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- TOEIC (at least 785 points)
- Completion of a study programme that was entirely taught in English from countries with English as the official language
Do a self-evaluation to find out if you are eligible for admission based on the courses you passed during your bachelor/master studies!
After you recognised that you are eligible, you can officially apply for admission. The final decision about your admission will be taken by the programme coordinator.