How to apply
1. Compulsory Online Pre-Registration
2. Application for Admission: Please check the general BOKU admission regulations!
- Admission into Master programmes for applicants with EU and EEA citizenship
- Admission into Master programmes for applicants with non -EU and -EEA citizenship
3. After positive assessement of your submitted documents for the admission, you will receive an admission letter via post.
4. Arrival at BOKU shortly before the intended starting semester and register personally at the Study services where you will receive the BOKU student ID and the access to your BOKUonline Account.
Graduates of the following BOKU bachelor programmes are directly admitted to the master's programme:
- BSc Agricultural Sciences
- BSc Viticulture, Oenology and Wine Economics
- BSc Environment and Bio-Resources Management
- BSc Landscape Architecture and Landscape Planning
Graduates of other bachelor degree programmes have to prove basic knowledge according to the §2 Admission Requirements in the curriculum.
English language requirements for admission to an English Master programme at BOKU:
English language certificates at a level of B2 or C1 of the European Reference Framework have to be submitted for the admission.
Equivalent to these certificates are the following exams:
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- IELTS-Test results of 6.0 or better
- TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- TOEIC (at least 785 points)
Applicants can be admitted to the programme with additional requirements. This means that they have to take additionally specific exams out of bachelor programmes for necessary pre-knowledge.
Students starting at BOKU (BOKU-Home)
Students who intend to start the International Master Programme in Horticultural Sciences will have to submit their admission documents according to the information which you find on top of this page directly to the Study services either personal or via post as originals.
Address of the Study services at BOKU:
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Students coming to BOKU for compulsory stay abroad within the IMaHS programme (BOKU-Host)
Students who come to BOKU for their compulsory stay abroad within the IMaHS programme, will have to follow the Erasmus application rules and keep the deadlines in mind.
For further information contact the administrative coordinator at the Center for International Relations, BOKU --> Gudrun Reisinger.