OA-publishing at BOKU
Milestones to Open-Access at BOKU:
- In 2015 BOKUs Open-Access strategy was signed by the rectorate and published on June, 24th 2015 in Mitteilungsblatt Nr. 17. The Open-Access strategy was entered in the Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies (ROARMAP).
- As a signatory of the Berlin Declaration BOKU endorses open access to scientific literature.
- The BOKU library is part of the project “Austrian Transition to Open Access (AT2OA)”. Whose overall goal is to support the transition from closed access to open access of scientific publications and to provide supporting measures.
- The Directory of Open Access Journals only includes journals with a strict quality management. BOKU supports DOAJ with an annual contribution together with other universities.
- BOKU is a member of the publisher platform BioMed Central. As the library has established a special publication fund there, it is possible for BOKU-authors to publish open access free of cost.
- Within 2016 to 2018 BOKU authors can publish in over 1.600 Springer Open Access Journals in an easy way and free of cost. This is made possible by a contract between Springer and the Austrian Academic Library Consortia.
- Within 2018 to 2020 BOKU authors can publish Open Access in Wiley Journals free of cost. The Open Access fees (APC) are paid by the Main Library. This is made possible by the open access agreement between the Austrian library consortium and Wiley.