- If you are looking for literature (books, articles in journals or other media) which is not available in a library in Vienna, you can order it via interlibrary loan from other libraries in Austria or from foreign libraries.
- The order is subjected to a fee (see “Charges”). Therefore, please check before ordering, whether the literature you are looking for is available in Vienna. For this purpose please consult the online catalogues of Vienna.
- Interlibrary loan requests are solely possible via the loan request form in the local catalogue of the Library of the BOKU.
- For general questions about the interlibrary loan request please contact +43 1 47654-38084 or send an e-mail to: ub.support(at)boku.ac.at. Our staff members will be pleased to help you!
In order to place an interlibrary loan request, you need to be a registered user of the library. After choosing the module “Interlibrary loan” at the start page of the online catalogue you log-in with your user-ID and password. Then you will be guided through the ordering process.
Please note: It is necessary to place an extra order for each literature request (book, periodical or article).
If you place an interlibrary loan request, the charges are as follow:
- Books from an Austrian library: € 2,00
- Books from a library abroad: € 10,00
- Copies that can be obtained in Austria: € 5,00
- Copies that can be obtained abroad: € 7,00
The amounts apply to 1-20 pages. The amounts for multiple copies will be charged by the delivery library.
If the university library does not maintain a regular interlibrary loan contact, a cost estimate is requested before the order is placed.
Pick-up / Return the Items
Main Library: 9.00 - 15.00
You will be informed via e-mail when the ordered item is available to pick-up at the main library.
Please note: To pick up interlibrary loan items is only possible in the main library!
Loan period / Usage