Inge Dirmhirn Prize
Call for applications - Inge Dirmhirn prize for gender- and/or diversityspecific bachelor theses, master’s/diploma theses and doctoral dissertations at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna 2017
Submission deadline: 15th November 2017
The prize money, totalling €3,000 (€ 500-, for an approved bachelor thesis, €1,000 for an approved master’s or diploma thesis and €1,500 for an approved doctoral dissertation) is awarded once per year by the equal opportunities working party at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna to students or graduates at the university.
Approved Bachelor and master’s/diploma theses as well as doctoral dissertations may be submitted for consideration. The research content of the thesis or dissertation has to include gender- and/or diversityspecific issues with BOKU relevant content.
Interdisciplinary German or English language theses and dissertations with creative approaches on the average of good research will be particularly welcomed.
The corresponding academic degree must be awarded in the period between January 1, 2015 and October 31, 2017 (date of decision to award degree).
Applications for the prize can be submitted by email exclusively as electronically/digitally PDF documents by November 15, 2017 to:
Equal opportunities working party BOKU: akglboku(at)boku.ac.at
Applicants will receive a confirmation of their application by email.
The following documentation is to be submitted (electronically/ digitally) as an application for the prize:
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- The complete paper including cover sheet
- Summary of the paper in German and English (per maximum 5,000 characters including spaces)
- Justification by applicant of why the paper meets the requirements of the prize (gender- and/or diversityspecific issues).
- Confirmation of decision to award corresponding academic degree (copy)
- Grading form of the bachelor thesis resp. assessment form for defensio of Master's thesis and assessment form for Master's thesis resp. certificate of the doctoral examination for doctoral dissertation (copy)
- Comments of the supervisor responsible for the work submitted regarding its suitability for the prize
The decision regarding awarding of the prize will be made by December 15, 2017. The winners will be notified in writing. The prize will be awarded at an academic ceremony in 2018.
Contact and Information:
Arbeitskreis für Gleichbehandlungsfragen
Equal Opportunities Working Party
At the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
Greogor-Mendel-Straße 33, A-1180 Vienna