The meeting will consist of a two day technical conference on High Tech Forest Operations
for Mountainous Terrain, followed by an optional one or two-day visit to
- Bring together researchers, practitioners and government officials from different countries
to share state-of-the-art knowledge on steep slope harvesting operations
- Provide an opportunity to see state-of-the-art harvesting technology at the Austrofoma machine exhibition
- Strengthen the effort to establish and enhance an international forest engineering network
- Harvest and road network planning in mountainous terrain
- Steep terrain ground-based harvesting systems
- Advanced cable yarder and helicopter technologies
- Information management
- Ergonomics in modern forestry equipment
- Workforce management and training
Austrofoma is a live demonstration and
presentation of forest machinery in Austrian forest conditions.
The focus is on skyline harvesting technology and environmentally sensitive forest practices.
Approximately 100 exhibits and over 10,000 visitors are expected.
European Society of Agricultural Engineers