Managing E-Mail addresses
Every student and staff member can maintain their e-mail addresses with the e-mail manager.
Staff members can also ask the IT person of their institute to perform this task for them.
- Start and login
- Click to your name to reach your personal business card.
- In the business card, click to the application "E-Mail Addresses".
- This will start the so-called E-Mail Manager.
- If you are both student and staff member, you can choose between "student" and "staff".
- You can set or change your standard BOKU mail address and the corresponding mailbox location (Groupwise, students mail system, external mail address)
- Click to "Save" or "Speichern" in order to store the data.
- Mail address:
It is recommended to use a standard mail address that contains your first name and your last name or abbreviations of your first and last names, except in the case of a very frequent name or of a name that is not unique within the BOKU students and staff members. You must not use misleading nor irritating mail addresses and you must not violate any laws nor the rights of any other persons (names, trademarks, etc.).
Students and staff members can choose between the BOKU students mail system, the Groupwise staff system or an external e-mail address, respectively. However, in each case, you can select only one mailbox location. Delevering mails to two or several mail systems is not possible, because it would lead to problems with duplilcate e-mails, mailbox overflow problems and confusing error messages.